Marks Gray is proud of its involvement in the City of Jacksonville and surrounding communities. Our attorneys, paralegals, and support staff dedicate time to helping others and giving back to this great city we call home. We believe an atmosphere of service and advocacy not only breeds positivity but puts our staff and team in the right mindset to better serve our clients. We recognize the importance of being active in professional and community organizations, both to give back and stay tuned into what our great city has to offer.
Numerous Marks Gray attorneys participate in pro bono legal services. We firmly believe it is our responsibility to use the skill set and experience we have to make a difference in the lives of Northeast Florida residents and businesses. Our team has conducted firm nights at Jacksonville Area Legal Aid interviewing potential clients and triaging files for legal aid attorneys for the past 10 years. With this service alone, we’ve provided over 1,000 hours of pro bono legal work to our local community.
In addition to spending time in the community, our Community Service Committee selects one local organization each month to focus our fundraising efforts towards. In 2022, with the help of the firm, we raised over $3,000 in donations for local charities. As a firm Marks Gray has collected donations from attorneys and staff during times of local, national and international crisis. During Hurricane Katrina, the firm raised over $11,500 toward relief efforts. The firm raised $5,130 for “Faith-Hope-Love Infant Rescue,” a non-profit orphanage in Haiti that was hit hard by the earthquakes in 2010. This nonprofit is run by a former Marks Gray employee.
The following is a select sampling of community and charitable organizations we partner with:
- American Red Cross
- Best Buddies of Jacksonville
- Bexley Boxes
- Big Brothers, Big Sisters of Northeast Florida
- Boys Home
- Bright Holidays
- Children’s Home Society of Florida
- Communities in School
- Duval County Teen Court Board
- First Coast Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- First Coast Women’s Services
- Florida Urgent Rescue (FUR)
- Gabriel House of Care
- Girl Scouts of Gateway Council
- Hubbard House of Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce
- Jacksonville Commodores League
- Jacksonville Community Council, Inc.
- Jacksonville Historical Society
- Junior League of Jacksonville
- Juvenile Arthritis Foundation
- K9 for Warriors
- Leadership Jacksonville
- Learn to Read
- Malivai Washington Youth Foundation
- March of Dimes
- National Military Family Association
- Navy League of the United States, Jacksonville Council
- One Woman’s Place
- Operation New Hope
- Ronald McDonald House
- Rotary International
- Tom Coughlin Jay Fund Foundation, Board of Directors
- Trinity Rescue Mission
- United Way of Northeast Florida
- Willing Hands
Get in Touch with Us
MARKS GRAY P.A.
View All Insights →
You might be wondering: "How bad can a few simple I-9 mistakes be?" It's natural to think that a mistake or two won’t matter. Especially if you’re busy with lots of other things or haven’t been trained to avoid these mistakes. Unfortunately, when it comes to...
In the age of social media, video content has never been more widely available. What used to demand the planning and labor of a film crew and TV/theatrical distribution can now be spontaneously shot on someone’s phone and released on Instagram. Perhaps the casual...