Forbes did a fairly comprehensive report on what to expect on immigration this year – from H-1B adjudications and policy changes related to H-4s and L-1s to worksite enforcement.
Here are some highlights of what to expect:
- The high rate of H-1B RFEs and denials will continue.
- USCIS’s new registration filing system will result in more filings.
- New rules and regulations will continue to restrict legal immigration.
- A rule to prevent H-1B visa holders’ spouses from working is coming and will be litigated.
- Worksite visits will be enhanced.
- The “duration of status” for students might become time limited.
Read the full article from Forbes.