Home / Insights / Some H-4s May Receive an EAD

Some H-4s May Receive an EAD

by | Apr 15, 2014 | Immigration, Immigration News

The White House announced possibly allowing certain H-4 visa holders to apply for work authorization while their spouses are in valid H-1B status. The announcement limits the work authorization to “spouses of certain high-skill workers on H-1B visas,” but does not define this term. In 2012, the DHS proposed the issuance of work authorization to H-4s whose H-1B spouse “have begun the process of seeking lawful permanent resident status through employment and have extended their authorized period of admission or “stay” in the U.S. under the AC21 Act”. There is a significant amount of uncertainty in this announcement but it is welcome news to many.  For additional information, click here.



Get in Touch with Us

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Marks Gray P.A.

Connect with Us