Home / Insights / FAQ: Traveling with a Pending AOS Application

FAQ: Traveling with a Pending AOS Application

by | Jun 15, 2014 | FAQ, Immigration

Q: Can I travel outside the United States if I have a Form I-485, adjustment of status, application pending?

A. Typically, the answer is no. If you depart the U.S. with a pending Form I-485, your adjustment application can be considered abandoned. However, you might be able to travel abroad if you have applied for and received an approved advanced paroled (AP) document from USCIS.  It typically takes 90 days from filing to receive the AP document.



Get in Touch with Us

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Marks Gray P.A.

Connect with Us