Home / Insights / FAQ: Alternatives to Cap-Subject H-1B Petitions

FAQ: Alternatives to Cap-Subject H-1B Petitions

by | Apr 15, 2014 | FAQ, Immigration

Unfortunately, many foreign nationals may have to wait until April 1, 2015 for another chance at filing for H-1B status. The following alternatives should be considered for affected employees:

Cap-Exempt H-1B Visa

These include petitions filed primarily for employment at an institution of higher education, a related or affiliated nonprofit entity, nonprofit research organization, or governmental research organization. H-1B visas are also available for beneficiaries filing for amendments, extensions, and certain employment transfers.



Get in Touch with Us

This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.


Marks Gray P.A.

Connect with Us