- Enjoy and focus on the people, not the food. Remember that holiday parties and social functions are to get together and enjoy others company.
- Make the occasional party the exception to your diet, not the rule. Don’t let one or two holiday events be the excuse for falling off the wagon till New Year’s.
- Prepare so you don’t arrive at a holiday party on an empty stomach.
- Choose wisely from the foods available at holiday functions.
- Eat slowly and mindfully. Our bodies need about 20 minutes to realize that we are full.
- Drink responsibly and consider alternatives to alcohol, such as sparkling water or non-alcoholic drinks. If you decide to drink alcohol, choose white or red wine, rather than champagne or hard liquor.
- Stay active during the holidays. Enjoy the time off to be outdoors and exercise.
- Be careful of leftovers. Share with others. Don’t be tempted to finish them by yourself.
Best Life Tips: To Healthy Holidays!
Marks Gray P.A.