The attorneys at Marks Gray have experience in a wide variety of industries, businesses, and locations. Our attorneys have been an integral part of the Jacksonville community since 1899 and we are proud of the heritage and history our firm has with this region. We are not just a group of skilled lawyers; we are a part of your business team and are committed to helping each individual and business achieve success through legal counseling. We take pride in the friendly, long-term personal relationships we have developed with our clients, many of whom have been with us for more than 60 years.
As a firm, we have purposefully maintained ourselves as medium-sized with an average of 25 attorneys. Our size ensures that our clients receive the highest degree of personalized service while offering extensive practice areas. We are committed to providing our clients quality legal services, to respond and adapt to changing legal needs, and to handle all legal matters as cost-effectively as possible. Our attorneys appear in all Florida state and federal courts and have handled transactions and litigation matters throughout the United States.
From Our Business to Yours
After more than 100 years of operation, our legal team understands what it means to run a business. Like many of our client’s organizations, our law firm is owned and managed by its shareholders and faces the same challenges and opportunities of all businesses. Our group of experienced attorneys brings business knowledge and insight to clients in all stages of growth (from start-up to Fortune 500).
Here are just a few of the ways our litigators can help businesses, so businesses can get back to the business of growing your business:
- Form contracts, preparing for a merger or assistance with the sale of your business
- Advising in all stages of financing – whether you are securing a loan for a start-up, or preparing to raise significant capital for a mature business
- Help you prepare for a potential government audit if you employ individuals who are not United States citizens
- Work with you to solve a wide variety of employment and labor law issues including reducing your exposure to workers compensation claims
- Provide strong mediation experience for those tough circumstances when your business finds itself in need of seasoned negotiators